|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our cloud services' infrastructure (Azure) supports more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses around the world every day. We are looking for an exceptional individual to provide overall technical leadership of the operation management services to manage and operate Azure. This individual will be responsible for all major operation management services/systems in Production Infrastructure Engineering, including performance, reliability, resilience, inventory, cloud/service/business insights/management, big data analytics and machine learning, and etc. With this set of services, we will ensure Azure’s quality, performance, reliability and resilience.
The vision of the Azure Production Infrastructure Engineering group is to make it easy for everyone to create, consume, and manage planetary-scale, reliable cloud production services and infrastructure to achieve more. As a team, we bring together significant and complementary capabilities with tooling, infrastructure, monitoring and insights in new ways to increase our perspective. Our diversity of knowledge and experience comes together for the benefit of our users, our colleagues, our business, and ourselves.
- Architect and lead the detailed design of these operation management services/systems. Tasks will include development of brand-new services, re-architecture of some existing services, and drive natively integrated end-end solutions.
- Provide overall technical leadership and help to provide technical directions. Work closely within the team and across teams to help resolving technical conflicts and achieving consensus.
- Dive deep and Hands-on implementing most critical components, ensure service’s quality, especially ensure data quality.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies that will take the business to the next level
- Evangelize services we have, best practices and processes.
- Grow engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience with Java or C++ or C#.
- 5+ years of experience designing and building large scale distributed systems which deal with huge amount of data, provide high quality data and predict possible events then prevent customer impacts.
- Proven experience in diverse technologies and technical challenges, in services development and systems engineering
- Proven experience in cloud technology stacks
- Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills and driving skills
- Cloud operation experience, cloud native mindset, including performance, reliability, resilience, scale-out and big data analytics/machine learning.
- Demonstrated ability of driving complex problems and reaching consensus across teams
- Excellent communicator, comfortable presenting to large audiences and customers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.