|Job Type:||Full Time|
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
A career at Brown-Forman is just like a good bottle of bourbon: unique and refined, with a bit of a kick. Making our products from barrel to bottle requires detailed planning along each step. Just like bourbon production, our employees work in many different aspects to create the best possible product. This way, our customers can enjoy the world-class brands we promise to deliver. Here’s the kicker - we, too, get to enjoy this process, just one of the sweet benefits of leading the market with the world’s favorite whiskey. Whether in the ground, in the store, or in the office, we hand pick all of our ingredients in order to be proud of what we achieve.
Responsible for assisting the Yard Log Buyer with purchasing white oak logs from a supplier base and reporting all activities as required. Indirectly responsible for purchasing approximately 2-3 million cut log feet per year valued at approximately $6 million. Also responsible for assisting Yard Log Buyer with scaling, grading and coordination of log transportation and delivery to B-F Stave Mills.
- Responsible for assisting the Yard Log Buyer with:
- Purchasing white oak logs using the company buying standard. Must understand log grades.
- Establishing positive long-term supplier relations through ethical, consistent and professional performance.
- Developing, cultivating and maintaining long-term relationships with wood industry suppliers, vendors.
- Following standards and practices for record keeping, accurate reporting of purchases, suppliers and all inventory activities as required.
- Maintaining all inventory controls and tracking in SAP system by utilizing a hand held scanner.
- Log yard oversight including opening and closing the yard at start and end of shift.
- Following all safety standards and working practices and procedures in areas of responsibility and performs to these standards when operating a knuckle boom loader and wheel loader for movement of logs on the yard.
- Ensure personnel (internal and external to B-F) on the log yard must adhere to BF Safety procedures
- 3 - 5 years working experience in the wood products industry.
- Experienced wheel loader and knuckle boom operator.
- Well developed organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Excel, e-mail and internet functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Minimum of High School Degree / GED.
- Previous log buying experience, strongly preferred.
- Experience in forestry, wood products manufacturing desirable.
- SAP working knowledge
Number of Openings Available:1