|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to help deliver cutting edge technology to Azure? Do you enjoy detailed, system-level software? Do you like collaborative solutions? Does helping to create the infrastructure that powers Microsoft's online services excite you?
We in the Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team within Azure are responsible for the definition, design, and development of the hardware that is delivered into Microsoft Datacenters. We work closely with Microsoft product groups, researchers, suppliers and industry partners to architect, develop and build hardware solutions and deliver new technology innovation (Machine learning hardware, new storage paradigms, CPU architectures, Hardware Accelerators). We focus on delivering solutions required for our cloud service platforms at the lowest possible cost of ownership (TCO). We are industry-leading in developing custom device solutions to accelerate production workloads in the datacenter. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
You will be an integral member of the extended team that brings new hardware designs (accelerators, custom silicon, machine learning offload etc) from concept to production, we collaborate with internal business groups across Microsoft to deliver cutting edge, innovative hardware that enables new customer value in the competitive cloud market. You will partner with internal EE and PM team members and external partners on activities to design, bring-up, debug, test, deploy and monitor hardware in production. This role requires strong communication skills, excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills, knowledge of system software and a deep understanding of the space where hardware and software meet. As a SDE, you have strong design and coding skills, quick learning abilities, and confidence to ship reliable software.
- Bachelors required. MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science desired
- 5+ years of System SW development or driver development or test, debug and validation experience (preferably for Windows OS)
- Understanding of low level operating systems concepts
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience with C/C++
- A sound track-record of shipping products and having been through at least one development cycle
- Experience in the design, implementation, debugging and testing of operating system drivers (Kernel and User mode)
- SW development experience for H/W acceleration storage or networking technologies
- Ability to handle the debugger well to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems
- Understanding of FPGA devices architecture and tools
- Experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes or bus analyzer tools
- Familiarity with storage, networking and hardware protocols e.g PCIe, I2C, SPI buses
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress when situations are in flux
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft’s Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft’s online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.