|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have broad technical knowledge of silicon development process from specification to release to fabrication? You will be part of a team responsible for delivering the latest EDA tool capabilities to the silicon teams within Microsoft aligned with foundry roadmaps. As part of this position you would pave the way for the design team by supporting, deploying, and enhancing the tool interface with the foundry PDK for the custom circuit and layout tools.
High level Job requirements:
- Understand the latest EDA roadmap aligned with various foundries to make sure we understand which tool capabilities align with specific tools/new features
- Work with foundry team to download, test, and validate each PDK release/patch
- Work with the rest of the CAD team to validate each major tool release against the PDKs.
- Align with the design methodology team on high level requirements for a given project
- Good scripting skills to automate PDK, library, and tool validation for each release.
Digital enablement (req 1):
- Package up IP and stdcell library deliverables into Synopsys NDMs and consolidated libraries
- Own the scripts to automate the compilation of memory configurations
- Validate IP and stdcell library deliverables for each release
- Methodology development for technology specific items like POCV tables, repeater drive distances, and the like.
- Enable and configure the synthesis, placement, routing, timing, and power tools for a given technology.
- Working knowledge of design databases (NDM, Milkyway, LIB/DB, OA)
- Minimum of BS majoring in digital and analog IC design or computer science
- Technical background in various aspects of silicon engineering physical design. Preferable knowledge of Cadence Innovus or Synopsys Fusion Compiler/ICC-2.
- Programming background in C, C++, Java, or equivalent programming language. Good scripting language experience.
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, and proven debug skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.