|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about gaming and working with the latest technologies and hardware? Do you want to have an impact in gaming across all Microsoft platforms? Do you desire to provide leadership and guidance to a team of engineers? The Gaming Experiences and Platform team is looking for a dev lead for the Gaming Input and Accessories team on Xbox!
The Gaming Input and Accessories team on Xbox is responsible for all forms of gaming input, from controllers to racing wheels, flight sticks to arcade sticks, mouse and keyboard to spatial controllers, across all Microsoft platforms, including Xbox, Windows, Mixed Reality devices, and more. As dev lead of the Input team, you’ll be involved at both the API level, providing APIs for game developers to deliver their visions, as well as working with the latest in accessories and hardware from first and third party manufacturers. You’ll also be at the forefront of Microsoft’s latest gaming developments, including the upcoming xCloud and next generation console, Project Scarlett. If this technology area is of interest to you, then we have an opportunity for you!
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated technical excellence and commitment to quality
- Excellent design and coding skills in C/C++
- Strong debugging skills
- Passion for development tools and developer experience
- Flexible, self-motivated, team player
- 2+ years’ experience leading teams with direct management responsibilities
- Track record of mentoring and growing junior engineers
- Providing End-to-End Technical Leadership
- Experience authoring APIs for games or apps
- Ability to quickly learn on the job - concepts, processes, technologies
- Ability to deliver results despite ambiguity in the requirements and the environment
- Ability to balance digging in the details and tracking the big picture
- Ability to work across teams, organizations and functional areas to deliver end to end solutions
- Focus on solving customer and business problems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.