|Job Type:||Full Time|
OneDrive is Microsoft’s solution for cloud file storage - the one place for all your important documents, files and folders, photos and videos and more, across work and life, and on all your devices. As we continue to grow our market share, we are faced with many core infrastructure and scale challenges driving a need to build resilient systems while ensuring no customers are impacted throughout the change management lifecycle. The OneDrive and SharePoint team is looking for a motivated and strong Principal Software Engineer to be a part of this journey.
The amount of data being stored in OneDrive and SharePoint is soaring. With this dramatic growth, the importance of the data platform continues to grow tremendously. We are looking for engineers who will help us advance the state of the art in this area. This is a great opportunity to learn and work on the internals of OneDrive, SharePoint and enterprise class relational database engines, solve hard problems and build a highly-scalable, cost effective reliable data service. You will be working in an environment where innovation is valued and will have an opportunity for direct impact on functionality, security, performance, scalability, manageability.
As an engineer, you have an opportunity to work on the latest technology in compute and storage, get to work on heterogeneous transport protocols, apply innovative algorithms for solving database, computing and storage problems at scale and high performance. We need collaborative developers who can think big and find creative ways to meet these big challenges.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of Professional Software design and development experience with at least one of C/C++/C#/Java
- Prior experience with relational database internals and storage systems
- Prior experience with large scale distributed systems, multithreading and object oriented programming
- Strong technical abilities, problem solving, design, rapid prototyping, coding and debugging skills.
- Good communication skills and a track record of cross-group/cross-discipline collaboration.
- Quick learner who thrives in an ambiguous environment.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to be adaptable and agile in development
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.