|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Audio and Acoustics Research Group in Microsoft Research Labs is looking for a researcher in the area of audio signal processing and audio analytics.
The hired candidate will perform research in audio signal processing and audio analytics for non-verbal cues extraction from speech (emotion, identity, etc.), and audio understanding (events, background, and anomalies detection) with utilization of machine learning approaches. The results will be summarized in scientific papers, the job entitles working with engineering teams on productization of the designed algorithms.
- PhD in computer science or relevant field;
- Experience with machine learning approaches in audio signal processing;
- Experience in at least one of: audio object detection, audio background detection, emotion/sentiment detection from speech.
- Good publication record;
- Experience in creation of real audio signal processing systems;
- Good engineering and coding skills;
- Ability or experience in working with engineering teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.