|Job Type:||Full Time|
Medical care is going through a period of intense innovation, with medical imaging being heavily influenced by advances in AI and machine learning. In this unique role in Microsoft Healthcare (part of the AI and Research NExT team) you will work tightly with customers to leverage Azure for their digital healthcare data. You will focus on extending our suite of healthcare APIs to support medical imaging using the DICOM standard.
Microsoft Healthcare is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to help discover, define and validate product capabilities, partner with the Software Engineering team to bring capabilities to life, and help customers save lives and improve healthcare by using our emerging healthcare data platform. The capabilities span from data ingestion and management to building data pipelines to machine learning and analytics tools to enable organizations to derive more valuable insight and intelligence.
- Incubate and deliver a new Azure service that leverages the DICOM medical imaging standard to support our healthcare customers
- Create, evolve, and communicate specifications for feature areas that span multiple feature teams and enable the multi-year vision
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and optimize messaging and supporting collateral to enable marketing, selling, and support for feature areas
- Apply technical, functional, and customer/partner knowledge to respond to trends, opportunities, or competitive challenges
- 5+ years of experience in bringing software products/services to market
- 2+ years of experience working with cloud technologies
- Strong familiarity with the DICOM standard
- Experience with technology in the healthcare industry including HL7 messaging or FHIR, is a plus
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
- Experience working with external partners including Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and Solution Integrators (SI)
- Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background highly desired
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.