|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and fosters a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world.
The Minecraft Platform team is looking for a Senior Graphics Engineer to join us in our mission to expand the world of Minecraft. This team forms the core of our Bedrock engine graphics. You will work to unlock the capabilities of our Bedrock Graphics Engine, empowering developers to create new experiences that surprise and delight our players across 15+ platforms. You are as proficient reading code as you are writing it and you are constantly learning from and sharing your understanding with others as you work to overcome a constantly changing set of challenges.
- As Senior Graphics Engineer, you have responsibilities across the studio; you will take a primary role in development, help to define and optimize graphics features, and ensure high quality, from content creation to rasterization.
- You have an intense desire and ability to innovate on graphics, while problem-solving and enabling your team to be creative and successful.
- A flexible outlook, recognizing that the path to success is rarely a straight line – a desire to pioneer new solutions with the agility to assess options with the data on hand.
- A generalist skillset; interesting problems and useful solutions come in all shapes and sizes, they don't always neatly fit job descriptions, and maintaining a broad base of skills helps everyone be successful.
- A strong desire to improve your skill set and help your teammates grow theirs; we succeed together.
- Maintain positive lines of communication and relationships with teammates across the studio.
- Plan with the team, present to your peers, adjust to changes, and execute on tasks in a timely manner.
- Design, author, test and deploy robust and maintainable solutions.
- From content authoring to pixels, a deep understanding of the modern graphics pipeline, techniques, tools, and production workflow with an eye towards what the future holds.
- 5+ years of C++ software engineering experience, including code design, data structures and organization.
- Experience with some or all of the following: GPU Optimization, DirectX, Shaders, HLSL, OpenGL, Vulkan.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- One or more shipped games for which you contributed significantly in a Graphics Engineering role.
- Profiling skill and a knowledge of successful optimization strategies both at a high level and down to the metal; an understanding of when, what, and how to optimize.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.