|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in joining a startup within Microsoft where you'll have the rare opportunity to create the future of IT management and help drive the company's Modern Workplace initiative? Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD) is an Azure cloud-based SaaS service that delivers all aspects of modern IT management for our customers and blazes new paths into the future. We serve a diverse set of customers ranging from financial institutions, government, and even sports teams. Devices managed by MMD are more secure, more up-to-date, and perform better than traditionally managed devices.
Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD) is a groundbreaking, customer-first offering from the Commercial Management Experiences (CMX) group at Microsoft. We extend the Microsoft Intelligent Cloud platform by leveraging Microsoft identity service (AAD), Microsoft Endpoint Manager service (MEM), device management, endpoint security, and desktop analytics to build a set of global services and operations at scale to create a secure, productive, and turnkey computing environment for enterprises. As MMD is getting rapid adoption, we are looking for a seasoned technologist to join our team to strengthen the engineering leadership.
For more about MMD:
You will lead the technical direction and vision for multiple customer facing as well as backend services that scale to manage millions of devices and device properties. You will mentor and help grow a team of talented, diverse software engineers. You will work across organizations, collaborating with internal partner teams such as M365 team, Core Operating Systems team, Microsoft Identity team, and others. You will provide strong leadership for the architecture of secure, distributed, scalable, and resilient services using modern technologies. You will raise the technical bar, maintain a data and results driven culture, and nurture a high performance team to build world-class IT management experiences for MMD end users, ITPros, partners, and operations teams.
Who you are :
You are hands-on, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape. Have experience with Azure or other cloud services at scale, passionate about iterating fast in a startup environment, and getting the right design for our customers while understanding and articulating the tradeoffs. With entrepreneurial spirit, and a can-do attitude, you can drive consensus across various stakeholders. You will be a key member of the MMD engineering leadership team, drive critical design initiatives, participate in strategic & tactical decisions, collaborate with internal partner teams and will be accountable for shipping a complete service offering that succeeds with our customers.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer/leader designing, implementing and shipping cloud services or software products
- 5+ years of experience driving and managing technical and architectural dependencies
- 5+ years of experience with distributed systems delivering large-scale, secure, and resilient cloud services
- Expertise with web or application development with full-stack (data engineering, micro-service design)
- Experience with Big Data analytic technologies (Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, SQL, or equivalent)
- Exceptional software development design, debugging and troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Passion for mentoring junior engineers
- Ability to generate clarity in ambiguous situations
- Passion for and ability to quickly understand emerging technologies
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Devops models and agile methodologies
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure or similar cloud platforms
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- Proven track record of strong customer advocate and creative problem solver
- Proven track record of working across teams to deliver shared solutions to complex problems
- Ability to quickly ramp up, understand complex problems, and create solutions across many products
- Experience with Service Management, Operations, and Support a plus
- Ambitious, self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented
- Ability to develop standards applicable to service and product reviews and corrective action plans
- Ability to manage senior stakeholder and partner relationships to influence, drive collaboration, innovation, and adoption across Microsoft
- Deep familiarity with Azure Dev Ops and Agile methodologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.