|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Compute core team is seeking a highly motivated and technical PM to continue delivering our Azure core platform software, the foundation of Microsoft Cloud. As part of this team, you will work directly with core Azure engineering teams to deliver intelligent, massively scalable, automated solutions that give our first and third-party customers world class infrastructure to run their mission critical services. You will advance the state-of-the-art in core Azure platform to manage server clusters hosting Azure and Autopilot workloads running on millions of servers. You will partner with all Microsoft first-party engineering teams (AI Core, Bing, Cortana, Office, Exchange, Xbox Online, xCloud, Teams - to name a few) to build and run planet scale services on the Microsoft Cloud.
To help our customers around the world over achieve their goals, Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider with 58 live regions and many more in the pipeline. As more customers and partners make their switch to the cloud, it’s critical that we deliver constant innovation to be the cloud platform of choice, while continuing to lower our operating costs. Azure Compute provides the foundation for Microsoft's vision to build Azure as the "World's Computer" and so the responsibility and potential for impact here is huge.
- Work with core Azure platform engineering teams to deliver Azure foundational control plane that manages the Microsoft infrastructure worldwide, including confidential programs driving the next generation Microsoft data center architecture.
- Craft a vision for your area of ownership. Use data and necessary insights to rally the organization and leadership around that vision.
- Take ownership of end-to-end business scenario; problem definition, solutions and technical strategy.
- Generate clarity and drive alignment across various PM and Dev organizations.
- Take a structural approach in solving complex problems. Communicate to senior decision makers at Microsoft, in a clear and compelling way.
- Enable Microsoft first-party divisions (Office, Teams, Xbox, Bing, xCloud, to name a few) to build and run services on Azure and where required help transition to newer Azure offerings.
- Engage in cross group collaboration. Drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large and diverse organization and deliver results that depend on other divisions and partners.
- Define targets for key business KPIs; track and report progress on them to the leadership teams.
- Define and implement quality of service (QoS) and service level agreements (SLA) metrics for platforms and services that you will own.
- Improve resource utilization efficiency of core Azure platform services and first-party services running on Azure.
If you love working closely with agile engineering feature crews, making rapid, iterative, incremental improvements to Microsoft’s world class Cloud infrastructure, and driving advancements in availability and efficiency, this is a team for you!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in designing and shipping system software
- Cloud experience/knowledge
- Proven ability to drive complex, high-value projects involving multiple partners to success, on time
- Proven ability to discuss distributed computing topics with technical, non-technical, and executive audiences
- Experience with building or working on containerization technologies
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.