|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role is available in multiple locations - Redmond WA, Elkridge MD, and Reston VA
Are you someone with passion for technology, engineering excellence and quality? Are you looking for work on world-class cloud services with a team of highly talented engineers? If so, Azure Data Services is the right place for you.
Azure Data Services is the Microsoft organization that delivers industry-leading, intelligent, cloud services that span 36 regions across the world. Some of best-known products are SQL Database, CosmosDB, HDInsight, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Databricks, SQL Datawarehouse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Cognitive Search, and the newly announced Azure Synapse Analytics. We are meeting the stringent needs of mission-critical applications run by our most demanding customers. The scale of the challenge is enormous; we have millions of databases serving billions of requests, over exabytes of storage, across most of the world. If you want to be part of one of the biggest data projects in the world, if you enjoy being customer-focused and enjoy problems of data analysis and thoughtful approaches to problem solving, join us.
On our team, we strive to build lasting relationships, and we make each other better by supporting, mentoring, laughing, and empathizing. We believe strongly that diversity and empathy are key to building great teams and crafting visionary products with global appeal. We value variety in perspectives and backgrounds and work together to create an inclusive environment that supports this.
- Design and deliver software and infrastructure to improve the reliability, scalability, and efficiency of your services.
- React to problems relating to mission critical services and mitigate, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in improving cost efficiency through service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Responsible for live site health of services and infrastructure supporting investments in Azure Government / Secret cloud with periodic on-call.
- Responsible for the execution & adherence of Software Engineering Standards for Data Archiving and retention
- Participate in project team activities and contributes to documentation requirements consistent with methodology
- Successfully complete engineering phases of projects in conformance to project goals, requirements, and schedule
- Support team efforts in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
- Pay utmost attention to quality right from the design phase, incorporating best practices and engineering for testability
- Expose test coverage issues, organize and implement integration tests, and resolves problem areas.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- 2+ years’ experience:
- building and shipping production grade software or services, including designing and implementing solutions for platform and application layer telemetry and monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline
- Database experience desirable but not required.
- Experience coordinating resources across diverse teams to restore service and maintain SLA’s, ITIL certification is preferred.
- Ability to analyze network and performance monitor traces, application performance problems, and windows application and crash-dump
- Ability to conceptualize a distributed service, it’s dependencies and the transactional flow when troubleshooting across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing, storage and distributed services layers.
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems and have a great curiosity and willingness to question -Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner.
- Always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
- Communication skills are a key component of this role with audiences that include customers, peers and at times executive leadership.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.