|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Microsoft Healthcare NExT (New Experiences and Technologies), our goal is to accelerate innovation by bringing new AI and cloud- based services to life, to enable better health outcomes at lower costs. Our team drives the cross-company strategy for healthcare and life sciences, and applies Microsoft's deep technical assets to improve healthcare and health equity around the world. We focus on technologies we believe will shape the industry in the 3-10 year time horizon, and bridge Microsoft Research and commercial products, as well as work on deep AI collaborations with customers and partners.
In your role as Principal Software Engineering Manager, you will work on real-world problems to create new meaning out of patient data, and create new cognitive services capabilities for health and life sciences customers. You will impact Microsoft's healthcare technical and product strategy. You will be on point for healthcare AI innovation projects as well as commercial productization of our best research work. You’ll lead a team of both engineers and data scientists, giving thoughtful feedback, and creating a creative and rigorous engineering environment. An entrepreneurial, start-up approach and willingness to take end-to-end ownership are key, as is the ability to truly partner and collaborate across organizations.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- 8 years of experience delivering commercial technology solutions, including 5 years managing technical teams
- 5 years of experience delivering machine learning applications
- Experience working with at least one of the following ML frameworks: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, or CNTK
- Demonstrated proficiency in one of the following: Python, C/C++, Java, Scala, or C#
- Experience building and supporting reliable, scalable and secure services using cloud-based technologies and industry patterns / best practices
- Fluency with deep learning
- Experience with one or more of the following computing platforms: Spark, HDInsight, DataBricks, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.
- Demonstrated success working across organizational or company boundaries
- Curiosity with a desire to continuously learn, share and collaborate to improve yourself, and your teammates
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, adapt and prioritize in fast paced environment
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.