|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Azure is undergoing explosive growth as customers around the world realize the benefits of moving their services and applications on to the cloud. For Azure, providing a secure cloud platform is vital to win customers and move their workloads to Azure. The charter of the Azure Security group is to ensure that Azure is the most secure and resilient cloud platform.
If you are looking for a challenge and passionate about protecting Microsoft and customer’s assets in the cloud, the Azure security team has the right role for you!
This role gives an opportunity to work on the next generation of Azure Key Vault’s key processing service. You will play a critical role in providing Microsoft customers with world class high-speed cryptographic processing and key isolation with Hardware Security Modules.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment to build and deliver highly-available, distributed services end-to-end that integrate with core Azure components like the base Compute Fabric as well as world-class crypto-processing hardware. This is a unique role that provides an opportunity to
- Work on cutting edge security technologies like confidential computing, hardware attestation and the latest hardware innovations in CPUs
- Build cloud services that scale to billions of transactions per day.
- Work on Linux / Open Source Software (OSS) technologies.
Work in an agile / Dev-Ops environment.
We are looking for candidates with strong software design / coding skills to implement security solutions for Azure platform. This role requires a technically proficient engineer preferably with Linux expertise who wants to have broad impact across Azure.
Your responsibilities will include designing, coding and operationalizing the model for deploying code safely and managing the service configuration rollout for a new highly performant and scalable Azure security service targeted at extremely sensitive crypto-processing workloads. This service is geographic in reach and is a highly critical “ring 0” service in the Azure cloud.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance
- 5+ years of software development experience using C and or C++
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the needs of managing complex distributed systems in high security environments.
- Strong design and coding skills, preferably with Linux / Open Source Software (OSS) technologies.
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
- Knowledge / experience in Linux operating system security including firmware, boot and kernel components is a plus.
- Passion for working with customers and advocating for their requirements to be met by features.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.