|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join the top industrial research group for computer security. The mission of the Systems Security and Privacy Group at Microsoft Research is to create new technologies to ensure the security of next-generation computing platforms. We build production systems, publish groundbreaking ideas, and deliver cutting-edge technologies to customers. For instance, our reverse debugging solution for production failures has been deployed on millions of Windows devices.
The Systems Security and Privacy group is seeking Senior Research Software Development Engineer candidates with stellar empirical R&D skills and technical backgrounds in systems security and software security. The ideal candidates should enjoy building (or breaking) low-level systems and software tools.
- Build prototype systems based on the latest hardware for trusted computing.
- Develop software frameworks for running services in the cloud securely.
- Implement software tools to analyze the performance, reliability and security of a deployed system.
- 5+ years of development experience in low-level systems OR Ph.D. in computer science (or a relevant field).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Passion for technology and innovation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.