|Job Type:||Full Time|
Across the industry, developers are increasingly diversifying the languages they use, platforms they target, and types of applications they build.Microsoft’s DeveloperToolsGroupdeliverstoolsto make all developers successful and productivein buildingall types ofapplicationsin any languageforany platform.The DeveloperToolsUXResearchTeam brings aworld-classUXtoVisual Studio,.NET,andAzure.Millions of developersaround the worlduse these toolsevery day tobuildrichapplicationsand use is growing at a phenomenal rate.The applications built span web, mobile, desktop, cloud, gaming, machine learning, andInternet of things.
We are looking foran exceptionalUXResearcherwiththe ability toconductarangeofformative and iterative researchmethodsimpactingboth product direction anddetailed experiencedesign.You will be joininga team of20talentedUXResearcherswhose charter is to design end-to-end experiences for all developers that are useful, usable,and desirable.In this role, you willwork in a highly collaborative environmentwithengineering, design,and businessteamsacross the divisionto help makecustomerdriven decisions.Your work will happeninthe context ofa lean or agile development environment supporting the release cadence of teams as well as helping define the strategic direction of products.You will have access to a new, state of the art, modern research labfacilityequipped for a variety of research typeslocated in a central hub area on campus.This is a unique opportunity togrow in your careerduring this period oftransformation.Join us and helpre-inventthefuture of thedeveloper experienceinthis exciting era.
- Design and conduct a range of formative and iterative research methods applicable to all product stages from conception to release
- Develop comprehensive research strategies to drive data into decisions across the product lifecycle
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and business partners during all steps of research
- Translate research findings into actionable recommendations and deliver them in compelling ways
- Triangulate multiple data sources into integrated insights
- Communicate and evangelize research results to engineering and business teams
- Practice and help evolve the team’s research techniques and toolset to work effectively within a rapid product development cadence
- Align product experiences to the broader developer and Microsoft ecosystem
- An advanced degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, behavioral science, or related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience in user research
- Thorough knowledge and experience of a range of UX research approaches and methodologies
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence a range of audiences
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Familiarity with modern developer platforms and ecosystems a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.