|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re Poly. We make technology that powers human connection that simply works, then steps out of the way. We’re changing how the world communicates and collaborates. And we need you.
Poly is seeking an experienced Staff Software Development Engineer to join our dynamic, highly successful Westminster engineering team. As a senior software development engineer working on industry-leading collaboration products you’ll be making a positive impact on how people live and work. You’ll gain career-expanding experience across a wide cross-section of product development activities, taking advantage of the latest technologies and helping to create the products of tomorrow.
*International Relocation Assistance is not available for this role.
What you’ll do:
- Define, design, implement, test and support new features in Poly’s Media Relay Server
- Solve complex problems related to high performance, scalable, video conferencing solutions
- Support customers and resolve product issues
- Work in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Emphasize clean, re-usable design and code built for test automation
- Focus on continuous improvement and learning, both at a personal and team level
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Master's Degree with 3+ years of software development experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of software development experience
- Proven effectiveness working with Agile software development ideals and best practices
- 5+ years on hands on experience with C++ or Java
- Proven experience developing applications on Linux-based platforms
- Working knowledge in video conferencing protocols (H.323, SIP, RTP, SDP, etc), architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience with SVN and Git configuration management
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication
Ready to help us power the many? Let’s go!
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.