|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is your chance to make a difference in the lives of millions of Python developers worldwide. We’re looking for a technical Program Manager who enjoys collaborating with other product managers, engineers, marketing, technical writers, and UX designers and researchers to design end-to-end experiences for Python in Azure.
Microsoft’s Developer Division is chartered with empowering every developer and every development team on the planet to build great software faster. According to StackOverflow, 51% of developers use VS Code and 32% use Visual Studio.
In the same survey, we learned that Python is growing 7.5% year-over-year, making it the fastest growing programming language worldwide. The opportunity for your work to be influential in the Python community is huge!
As a Program Manager for this role, you will improve the Python experiences in all Microsoft products. You will accomplish this through a variety of activities including:
- performing competitive analysis of other Python offerings;
- exploring quantitative & qualitative data, and defining success metrics;
- identifying customer segments, and forming problem & solution hypotheses;
- designing surveys/questionnaires, and interviewing existing & potential customers;
- crafting UX mockup workflows;
- ensuring engineering teams are clear on what they are executing on and why;
- writing specs, blog posts, and documentation;
- building end-to-end Python demos of our Python tools;
- work in the “open”, and engaging the OSS community;
- working with marketing/PR teams and presenting at user groups & conferences.
What should you expect?
- Teamwork: This position promises lots of cross-team collaboration. Expect to build lasting, positive relationships with teams inside and outside Microsoft.
- Technical Complexity: Expect to speak proficiently about deeply technical subjects and understand the nuances of customer workflows. Expect fun and inspiring technical work that grows your skillset as a technical PM.
- Agility: Expect new challenges to arrive every single day. Expect to collaborate, reason, and sort through priorities with your team.
- Customer-focus: Above all else, you should expect customer feedback to guide your work. To be successful you will show empathy for customers, be sensitive to their needs, and partner with others to deliver a phenomenal developer experience.
- Impact: The opportunity to have a lasting impact on the tools that Python developers around the world use.
5+ Years’ of industry experience as a professional developer, program/project/product manager
1+ Years’ of experience coding with Python
Everyone on our team of Program and Product Managers can and does code
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Science or related field.
Experience writing specs, blog posts, and documentation
Work in the “open”, and engaging the OSS community
Obsess over customer experience
Make recommendations based on data
Demonstrate a commitment to quality
Value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.