|Job Type:||Full Time|
The opportunity around intelligent edge devices is huge and growing – there are already more connected things than people in the world!! These devices, ranging from tiny MCU based sensor devices to powerful datacenters, have profound impact to our daily lives; from how we live, how we work, how we learn and how we connect. The Microsoft Azure Edge Devices team is working on creating the next generation of intelligent edge devices across a wide range of form factors, device architypes and AI technologies to enable new application scenarios, provide in-depth business insights and safeguard the security and privacy of our data. We're looking for a fast learning, self-motivated, creative, adaptive, tech savvy Electrical Engineer Architect with strong and demonstrated expertise in embedded systems and machine learning to join us on this journey. In this role, you will work with talented engineers from multiple disciplines to design and develop perception AI-based edge devices through all phases of their product development cycles. You’ll be exposed to novel technologies in AI, IoT and cloud. You will work closely with our ecosystem partners to scale the deployment of these devices globally demonstrating significant positive impact to society. This is an unparalleled opportunity to define and build the next generation of intelligent edge devices, create and learn new technologies and have a positive social impact by empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
- MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in overall architectures of electronic hardware for commercial/consumer products across different SoC platforms including ARM and/or Intel
- Ability to develop and evaluate empirical analysis strategies along with modeling and testing methodologies to validate component, circuit, and hardware designs as well as thermal and emissions management
- Experience with using electrical design tools (such as Orcad, Allegro, Altium, etc.), schematic design and PCB layout (including multi-layer), impedance control, surface mount PCBs and related software packages
- System level electrical design with a strong capability and understanding of electrical specifications, schematics, block diagrams and other technical documents across ARM and/or Intel-based SoCs
- Excellent knowledge of MCU (Non-OS) and Embedded Linux system hardware design across different MCUs and SoCs (i.e. ARM-Cortex M, ARM-Cortex A, Intel and others)
- A minimum of 10 years’ professional electrical engineering experience in overall architecture of electronics hardware for products and solutions deployed in high-volume commercial and/or consumer applications
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in designing and building integrated circuitry and developing algorithms to support the overall architecture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well inside of a multidisciplinary global team as well as effectively collaborate with several software engineering teams across many organizations
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.