|Job Type:||Full Time|
Medical care is going through a period of intense innovation, with medical imaging being heavily influenced by advances in AI and machine learning. This is a unique role in Microsoft Healthcare (part of the AI and Research NExT team) to extend our suite of healthcare APIs(Azure API for FHIR) to support medical imaging using the DICOM standard.
Microsoft Healthcare is looking for an experienced software engineer to drive building mission critical, scalable azure service for DICOM. The right candidate for this position will have experience building and maintaining large scale service, ready to take on multiple responsibilities, and adept at organizing and leading others.
- Partner with Program Management, customers, and other stakeholders to define requirements, scope projects and validate solutions
- Design, implement, ship, and maintain features and services
- Support customers and livesite in a DevOps model
- Build for security, privacy, scalability, and compliance
- Lead others by exemplifying technical excellence, inclusiveness, teamwork, and customer focus
- Learn healthcare industry standards and unique customer needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of industry experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience developing and shipping production software in C#, C++, or Java
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining large scale cloud service
- Experience with .NET, C# and associated toolsets / frameworks
- Experience with SQL and/or no-SQL databases
- Experience with technology and/or standards in the healthcare industry is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.