|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
You will be responsible for managing our Premier Support team which is made up of highly skilled and professional Technical Support Engineers, and Technical Account Managers. You will be responsible for directly monitoring, reporting, and driving improvements in team-level metrics and KPI’s, keeping up with new products and ongoing training and developing processes. Your work will be collaborative in nature, working together with managers in multiple support locations to serve our customers. Your work will be cross-functional in nature and will involve working cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Operations, and Marketing on a weekly basis.
Experience in a technical support role, proven analytical skills, and strong communication skills are a must. You should be comfortable acting as an escalation point with customers, development teams, and sales teams, and be able to manage projects through to completion. Relationship building, prioritization of projects, and super-effective communication define you.
In this role, you will:
- Directly manage a team of highly motivated Technical Support Engineers, which may include managing managers or supervisors.
- Accountable for the performance of multiple support channels insuring proper coverage of queues and productivity of the team.
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction with the Support Team while ensuring the team meets established SLA’s and working efficiently.
- Partners with Senior Leadership to establish goals and objectives around customer satisfaction, organization efficiency, and employee engagement.
- Produce reporting that demonstrates team effectiveness to support team, other departments, and Senior Leadership
- Reviews reports and operations to analyze the success of the operation and propose and execute approved initiatives
- Explore, implement, and integrate systems that will help the team scale through tremendous growth
- Successfully manage onboarding and continuous education for members of the team
- Manage interactions between with other departments to address issues and provide feedback related to customer feedback
- Mentoring new hires as the organization grows quickly
- Develop and support career paths within the Support team and throughout the organization
An ideal candidate has:
- B.A./B.S. required, preferably in a technical or quantitative field (engineering, applied math, etc.)
- 5+ years of leadership experience in technical support
- Experience working with Enterprise level customers and able to represent the team internally and externally to senior management and executives.
- Ability to balance and go between strategic projects and initiatives, and tactical day to day management of a team (including actively coaching on case handling, monitoring of queues & schedules)
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
- Ability to identify and interpret long-term information system needs on an organizational basis
- Skill in the development and documentation of operating and administrative policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze problems and develop creative solutions to complex human resource issues
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities and tolerance for ambiguity
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.