|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
We are looking for a smart, ambitious and experienced Accounts Receivable Accountant to support the business at our Atlanta office. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth.
This is a full time position at our office in Midtown Atlanta and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits.
In this role, you will:
- Review and prepare customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to process high volume of data accurately and efficiently.
- Proactively identify and notify clients of past due invoices.
- Resolve payment disputes thoroughly, involving management when appropriate.
- Collect and allocate payments.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Take ownership of the customer collections process.
- Maintain account receivable customer files.
- Prepare JE and related account reconciliations.
- Support our Sales Team with questions about billing and contracts.
- Perform ad hoc projects when required.
- Assist with accounting projects as needed, including Month-End close and annual external audit.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting
- 3+ years accounts receivable or accounting experience desired
- Knowledge of operational accounting processes
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Highly organized, self-disciplined and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes.
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience in SaaS based Start-ups
- Bilingual Spanish highly desirable
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.