|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara is searching for a highly adaptable, motivated, and execution-oriented Executive Assistant. This EA will be responsible for executing administrative duties and special projects. The ideal candidate is self-directed and autonomous, is capable of managing a varied workload from multiple inputs, and can prioritize the day to day against the bigger picture.
In this role, you’ll report into an Administrative Operations manager and be supported by a team of fellow EAs. Your primary responsibility will be to work alongside your executives and key departmental stakeholders to provide top tier administrative support.
In this role you will:
- Manage and optimize multiple executive calendars
- Be a representative of your executive, including in-person meeting coordination, email correspondence, liaising between departments and key stakeholders, and taking meeting minutes
- Assist in creating and managing agendas for departmental staff meetings
- Help organize and plan for internal events (offsites, team-building, etc.)
- Plan and book complex travel itineraries
- Lead special projects under your executive’s direction
- Anticipate and react to executive requests in a timely and efficient manner
- General administrative duties
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally
An ideal candidate has:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience (2 must be as an executive assistant)
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and work
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive with a strong bias to action
- A strong sense of direction around sensitive scenarios confidential information
- Familiarity with a startup office environment and strong understanding of how business works
- Friendly and professional demeanor and is excited about contributing to our team culture
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.