|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role
As a full-stack Senior Software Engineer on Samsara’s Fleet Safety team, you will lead the design and development of features across a broad surface area, driving impact to current and future customers. You’ll own and coordinate solving engineering challenges ranging from architecting data structures for mass data collection to presenting data analytics in intuitive and performant ways on both web and mobile.
Samsara’s Fleet Safety team builds features utilizing Samsara’s GPS Fleet Tracking and AI Dash Cam hardware products to improve driver safety using AI and data analysis to create web and mobile workflows, provide real-time driver feedback, and streamline video-based coaching. Samsara customers utilize these features to create safety programs that improve fleet safety, reward safe driving practices, and exonerate drivers in no-fault accidents.
In this role, you will
- Create new capabilities for on-edge detection of unsafe driving conditions
- Scale event ingestion processes to run AI analysis on billions of data points
- Design new workflows to streamline customer interactions with large volumes of event data
- Use driving quality metrics computed from vehicle sensor data to gamify the driver experience
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to design and review new architecture patterns to scale the product
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
We use Golang for our backend, Typescript and React for our web client, GraphQL to fetch data from our backend, and React Native for our mobile app. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
Minimum requirements for this role
- 4+ years of experience building customer-facing applications
- Strong programming/coding fundamentals
- Experience working on large-scale enterprise software applications
An ideal candidate has
- Contributed heavily to driving significant value to their customers
- Enjoys understanding users and what would make their day to day processes easier
- Loves shipping high-quality features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seeks to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.