|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Help us lay the technical groundwork for Samsara’s newest product family, “Connected Worker,” focused on enhancing workplace safety and productivity to benefit people working in harsh, industrial environments. Our first product is an AI-enhanced video recording device that stores camera footage, runs the footage through deep learning models, and allows users to view camera streams via our cloud dashboard and mobile application. Our video management platform empowers users to better understand how to improve the safety and efficiency of their worksite operations.
As a Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer on the Connected Worker team, you will architect and build software that manages a powerful computer vision system for workplace safety monitoring. We are a small team of 10 engineers spanning frontend, mobile, backend, infrastructure, and firmware; expect to wear many hats and become very familiar with the product and sales side of the business.
In this role, you will be building:
- A system for processing live video streams at scale, extracting and storing metadata and ML labels, and allowing performant queries over that metadata
- A system for searching over the content of video streams (for example, searching for people wearing a red shirt)
- A system for managing concurrent streaming of video stored on an on-prem device to multiple viewers via our cloud dashboard
- A real-time alerting system for dangerous behavior by workers on a hazardous worksite
We use Golang for our backend and GraphQL to fetch data from our backend. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
An ideal candidate has:
- Has 5+ years of relevant industry experience in software development
- Is interested in working on an early stage venture
- Enjoys building systems from the ground up
- Can work across the entire stack
- Is adept in writing high quality code to solve systems problems
- Enjoys working collaboratively with developers of different focuses (frontend, mobile, firmware, vision, etc)
- Experience working with AWS or golang is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.