|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a leader in the design of world class entertainment devices. We are looking for energetic, creative design engineers to work in the dynamic Microsoft Silicon team, working on custom and semi-custom ASICs. The candidate must be a highly motivated, self-starter who will thrive in this cutting-edge technical environment.
You will be responsible for all facets of design from reviewing architecture of features, microarchitecture of IP blocks, RTL design, synthesis, static timing analysis, silicon validation, all the way to supporting the manufacturability of the part. Throughout the program you will be interacting with architects for feature definition, various design teams for leverage and collaboration, software, and system team for requirements.
- BS/MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Proven experience of successful SoC or IP designs for ASICs in leading-edge technology
- Strong expertise in digital design including specification development, RTL design, synthesis and static timing signoff required
- Knowledgeable in one or more industry standard interfaces such as AMBA AXI, PCIe, USB, and DDR/LPDDR is preferred
- Experience in FPGA design is desirable including an understanding the tradeoffs for mapping ASIC to FPGA or vice versa
- Experience in chip design quality tape-out through rigorous design and checklist reviews
- Experience with low power implementation methodologies is a plus
- Good communication skills, self-starter and ability to facilitate cross group collaboration across Microsoft internal groups and external vendors
- Occasional travel
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.