|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft empowers every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more through providing cloud based, cutting edge services to the world. The Azure Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineer (CHIE) team develops the hardware that drives the cloud. CHIE team is currently seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer for developing future server products. As a member of this team, you will work directly with engineers across the company and across the world to design server systems from concept to data center deployment. This is an opportunity to leverage and grow your existing HW design experience in an innovative and highly collaborative environment where the results of your work will matter to Microsoft and Microsoft’s customers.
- Responsible for electrical hardware development of next cutting edge cloud systems
- Work with senior hardware engineers and internal cross function team members, such as signal integrity engineers, firmware engineers, mechanical engineers, thermal engineers and reliability engineers to design and validate hardware prototypes
- Work with industry partners and researchers to innovate and shape future technologies
- Direct the effort with ODM/OEM partners to design and test hardware solutions
- Collaborate with manufacture engineering team and partners to ensure product quality
- Conduct failure analysis and root cause analysis of electrical and system bugs
- BS / MS Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience in electrical board design
- Experience with high speed analog and digital circuit design
- Hands on experience in prototyping and validating proof of concept PCB design
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Fundamental knowledge of the following HW design principals: Signal Integrity, Power Design, Computer Architecture
Working knowledge of mechanical and thermal system design considerations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.