|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft AI+R Special Projects team operates on the boundary between Research and Engineering. We are the team that developed Microsoft Security Risk Detection; the team that created Project Natick, the world’s first underwater datacenter; and we are the team that is pushing the boundaries of mixed reality communications with Holoportation.
We are seeking passionate individuals to join our small, agile team. In Special Projects we work across domains to apply research technologies to solve real-world business challenges. Projects change rapidly here, so we are looking for someone always interested in tackling the next big opportunity. As a member of Special Projects, you will initially work on datacenter software for Project Natick, the world’s first underwater datacenter, and on our next version of Holoportation.
- C and C++; experience programming in CUDA, Python, and C# is a plus.
- Solid fundamental computer science skills and a passion for cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope of what is currently considered possible
- Comfortable quickly pivoting from one research project to another and quickly getting up-to-speed on new technologies
- Ability to analyze a high-level project goal and define and present multiple potential solutions
- Experience writing technical documentation
Experience in any of the following areas is also desired:
- Multi-threading and distributed systems
- Computer Vision (Tracking, Photogrammetry, Bundle Adjustment)
- 3D Graphics (Shading, Rendering)
- Human Computer Interaction
- AI, Machine Learning, and GPUs
- Deploying complex software on cloud-based technologies like Azure and AWS
- Sensor fusion
- Large scale system integration
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.