|Job Type:||Full Time|
The COSINE Engineering Systems group is looking for a Software Engineer II to join our Test Automation team to help contribute in our effort to build and support world-class engineering tools and services.
Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies and transform service delivery with DevOps? Do you want to be part of the team that builds systems and services that helps improve employee experience and productivity? Do you have the engineering skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building cloud systems and services that delights our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence?
If your answer is “YES” to all of them, Congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the Engineering team in Azure COSINE Organization.
As a DevOps engineer, you will be involved in designing, coding, testing, deploying supporting features and tools that enable our mission critical business partners. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, Social, Security Software and services) while engineering for automated testing (in a TDD environment), Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.
- Take on the challenge of strategically consolidating, building, and managing a robust set infrastructure and automated services.
- Bring your coding and automation passion to the team to help further strengthen the reliability and availability of services and infrastructure
- Develop tools and advanced automation features that continuously reduce the need for manual intervention
- Deploy, maintain and support new code in critical production environments
- Troubleshoot services from hardware to application in order to resolve issues and then document support procedures
- Be actively involved in the team’s DRI rotation
- 3+ years of technical experience developing in C# (or other object-oriented language)
- 3+ years of technical experience building automation with PowerShell
- 3+ years of technical experience working within a Windows Server and Client environment
- 3+ years of technical experience in managing and supporting critical services
- 3+ years of technical experience working with Azure tools and solutions
- Solid understanding of Windows Operating Systems; best practices, troubleshooting, and system management tasks
- Solid understanding and experience managing and deploying Azure cloud solutions
- Experience with configuration management and building automation to manage large numbers of diverse platforms and infrastructure
- Solid experience in developing code and automation, ideally in PowerShell and C#
- Experience maintaining Web, SQL, Storage, and application servers
- Willingness and drive to continuously learn new technologies and methodologies
- Effective team player to be able to work closely with peers and remote teams
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.