|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft has been managing online services since 1994 with the launch of our first cloud offering - MSN. Today our cloud services' infrastructure supports more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses around the world every day. We opened our first data center in 1989 and since then we have invested over $15 billion in our cloud infrastructure to support the growing customer demand for our cloud services. So, if you want to be at the center of the next largest IT industry and enhance your career expertise and growth with a dynamic team of world leading cloud professionals - then you are looking in the right place!
CSI-E (Cloud Server Infrastructure Engineering) is responsible for designing and supporting server and rack Infrastructure HW/SW in Microsoft’s Data Centers across the world. The customer Experience team within CSI is responsible for managing HW related escalations from internal and external customers.
We provide engineering subject matter expertise to help resolve systemic issues to maintain the quality of deployed hardware and software within committed business goals.
To support this effort, we are looking for an experienced Cloud Server-level HW Engineer to work in the Customer Engagement team.
The ideal candidate will help Triage, Diagnose and mitigate HW related issues working with subject matter expert teams to ensure the dependability of the Microsoft server Fleet and helping develop new innovative tools to improve efficiencies when diagnosing/mitigating
Roles and Responsibilities:
Triage and drive to analysis of potential faulting systems through resolution. Either remotely or on site at datacenter facility.
Provide detailed on-site analysis/data gathering.
Ability to debug to component level on cloud server HW.
Work with Microsoft internal teams to support CSI diagnostic and deployment tools development and ongoing system improvement.
Focus on continuous improvement to optimize processes, procedures, and execution.
Interface and interact with servers and infrastructure through the management network to root cause server fleet issues to minimize server downtime.
The Customer experience team provides 24 x7 coverage on a Rota basis.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study required, Masters degree or equivalent desired
- 5+ years of experience with server-level and rack-level server designs
- Experience with remote debugging of server and storage systems.
- 3+ year hands on server and networking debug of system-level systemic issues.
- Knowledgeable in data analysis tools.
- In depth experience with Server Architecture, CPU, Memory and PCIE/peripheral devices.
- Passion for server-related problem solving in a high-volume data center environment.
- Track record of successful collaboration with datacenter networking and engineering staff.
- Individual effectiveness skills such as discipline, time management, decision making, planning and organizing work, summarizing results through technical reports (Azure DevOps, MS Office) are highly desired.
- Experience working in a team-oriented engineering environment.
- Self-motivated professional, capable of working independently as well as collaboratively across multiple teams from various engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to plan work, and work to a plan across multiple organizations, adapting as necessary in a rapidly-evolving environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and persuasively communicate issue status, implications, and progress to audiences of varying technical and business levels.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.