|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Storage team is looking for a Principal Program Manager to work closely with customers and partners to deeply understand their needs. Define solutions that incorporate customer, technology, and business requirements and then drive those solutions to production.
This PM will need to be customer obsessed with empathy for customers and partners and ability to work closely with others in an integrated team to further the business. In addition, working with SWE, marketing, and business planning owning specific capabilities, and suggesting new ones.
An entrepreneurial view to try out different ways to grow usage and the business, work with others with different views and strengths, and desire to learn new technologies is required.
In this role you will be:
- Defining, creating and delivering new product, technology, and business initiatives
- Creating multi-year product/area roadmaps incorporating industry trend
- Working with customers as well as internal and external partner teams to identify feature requirements, assess priorities, gather feedback and define high quality feature specification
- Building strong partnerships with development, marketing, and business team
- Presenting to technical and business leaders including analyst
- Lead product planning efforts and ability to drive against commitments
- 7+ years of professional experience in technical product management
- 2+ years HPC storage, performance and/or applications experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related disciplines
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.