|Job Type:||Full Time|
Lead Product Engineer to support the development of high-performance ASIC and SOC products.
The position will have responsibility for product engineering for new product development and production of manufacturing.
The position requires someone with experience in semiconductor IC development, IC manufacturing, fabrication, test, and packaging. Candidate should have strong project leadership skills to manage external vendors, drive cross functional teams and drive sub-project as part of larger development programs.
Candidate should have excellent knowledge of IC development including test development, DFM, IC characterization, failure analysis, qualification, debug, yield analysis, process controls, statistics and fabless supply chain management. The Candidate should also be knowledge in DFT, silicon fabrication process, package design and development, IC assembly, product Q&RA, and basic transistor theory. It is beneficial to have background in IC design and IC verification.
The candidate would benefit from background in various product market area such as high performance compute, automotive, telecom.
- Required Experience and Skills
- 7+ years of experience in product and test engineering depending education background and relevant product and market experience
- Experienced in running cross functional teams
- Experience in managing vendors/partners
- Strong probability and statistics background including DOE’s
- Strong background in characterization and debug
- Good understanding of manufacturing test
- Good understanding of packaging
- Knowledgeable in DFT and DFM techniques
- Good software skills, especially in scripting languages
- Understanding of CMOS device and product reliability
- Good understanding in quality management
- Direct experience in IC production
- Experience in both EFA and PFA
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Beneficial Experience and Skills
- Good understanding of CMOS process technology
- Good understanding of design flow
- Good background in risk probability analysis
- Device physics background
- Program management experience
BS/MS/PhD Electrical Engineering, or Sciences
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.