|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is looking for a Compensation & Analytics Partner to help build and support our total rewards strategy and processes as we scale.
Samsara aims to be an employer with best in class compensation practices for fairness, equity, and ability to motivate/retain. You will partner with business leaders to ensure the right compensation decisions are made with the right data through compensation surveys and clear compensation processes.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of compensation strategy at both small and large companies, private and public companies. You will help us define and continually evolve our rewards package as the company scales. You are not only analytical but also a great data storyteller that knows how to provide actionable insights.
Samsara is a fast-growing environment where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company. This position will be fully remote until July 2021. We expect to offer flexibility when we return to San Francisco full time. This position will be fully remote until July 2021. We expect to offer flexibility when we return to San Francisco full time. This is a full-time position and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits.
In this role, you will:
Manage all global compensation programs, structures, policies, and processes (base pay, merit, promotions, variable incentives, and equity programs). Provide front line analytical support and guidance to business leaders, HRBP and Recruiting for all compensation related inquiries. Manage the bi-annual performance and reward cycles. Make recommendations for internal and external offers to attract and retain highly sought-after talent, including executives, balancing talent acquisition objectives with internal equity and budget considerations.
- Compensation Data: Own accurate, well-organized data to support effective compensation and people analytics. Administer and evolve our market pricing tools and benchmarking methodology. Complete compensation surveys. Support ongoing job mapping and career levelling. Own regular pay parity analysis. Ensure compliance with all applicable country and state regulations governing global compensation programs.
- Compensation Cycle: Participate in the philosophy and design, and own the compensation-related execution of the bi-annual performance and rewards cycle across all functions, including: guidelines, budget, DEI analysis, support in WorkDay. Identify functionality and business rules for the architecture of the Workday compensation module. Ensure effective partnerships with HR stakeholders and business throughout the cycle.
- Compensation Training: Develop compensation training programs for both employees and managers. Provide subject matter expertise and accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate HR stakeholders, employees and managers on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, and job evaluations.
- People Analytics: Utilize analytical and database skills to build HR metric dashboards and detailed reports that will be used across the organization.
An ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years experience in Compensation; preferably in global companies or previous compensation consulting experience
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented; thrives in ambiguity
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Adept in critical and conceptual thinking skills, combined with ability to synthesize information to see the big picture while effectively managing the details
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Experience handling shifting priorities and multitasking in a deadline oriented environment. Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- Strong Excel expertise, database management skills, and G suite
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.