|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for an opportunity to work on the leading edge and materially move the needle?
Do you like to use Full Stack Tools, Cloud, Edge Computing and ML/data to help solve problems?
Do you want to work in a startup-like team with potential for huge impact to the business and your career?
Join our team to help build software and systems that secure foundation of Microsoft Cloud, protecting millions of users and Microsoft's key cloud assets. Datacenter Cyber Security team is the key team focused on ensuring that the foundation of Microsoft cloud business has rock-solid security, meeting highest industry bar, and is evolving as threats landscape evolves.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who can evolve our state of the art full stack systems, including data collection, multi-platform targeted UI, backend services & processing systems. Successful candidates will have passion for IoT and experience building high-scale, high-performance and high-reliability full stack systems. You would be working in an exciting and fast-paced environment, collaborating with multiple teams across organizations, building sophisticated data processing, cloud services, IoT platform and security systems that protect our datacenter footprint across the world. You would also be driving full stack feature and system development by means of hands-on development with the IoT and data/ML related technologies. You would collaborate across multiple organizations at Microsoft to build next generation systems for stronger security posture of Microsoft’s datacenter systems.
- Designing full stack systems for modern smart facilities
- Building end to end Azure scale systems, consuming hundreds of high-volume data sources and presenting it to customers with effective insights
- Building modern security systems for critical infrastructure
- Working with multiple engineering disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, software and IoT, to build end to end scenarios for smart facilities
- Contributing to improvement of fundamentals of the platform
- Implementing feature specifications in co-ordination with feature crew across multiple organizations at Microsoft
- Working cross-team with Azure, Security, IoT, Data Center Engineering, and large external Industrial Control System Makers
- Building quick prototype, full stack features to make incremental impact on customers and business
- Leading software development efforts in a small size team for systems covering UI, backend services, IoT systems and data sources
- 5+ years of software development experience using C++, C# and/or Java
- 5+ years of software development experience for web, mobile/tablet apps, webserver, and/or webservices
- 5+ years of experience leading development efforts for full stack and enterprise feature development
- Experienced agile methodology practitioner with background in building scalable, full stack systems
- Experience in building systems for cloud infrastructure
- Broad understanding of the cloud technologies, full stack frameworks and service development ecosystem
- Passion for working with customers and advocating for their requirements to be met by features
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Experience in developing and owning full stack development for enterprise, large scale, customer facing products
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.