|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Azure’s Networking division is designing, building, and operating critical network infrastructure our clients rely on every day, transforming a pile of servers into a connected cloud. We are responsible for ensuring the reliability of these networks, in the face of constant change, relying on cutting-edge research and a stellar engineering team. Although we have built a large cloud thus far, the best is yet to come as we are continue expanding at a rapid pace. Our division is responsible for a large diversity of technologies and challenges, including physical fiberoptic cables, software managing how to route packets across a global network as fast as possible, DNS, protection against DDoS, and many other challenging problems. We’re looking for engineers and leaders passionate about delivering value to customers in mission critical environments, enjoy a growth hacking culture, and are eager to play one of the most important long games for Microsoft.
You will work with other teams in Azure Networking, participating in architectural and design reviews, and delivering your components with high quality. You will also have opportunities to collaborate across the broader Azure organization and with external Microsoft customers. There is high visibility in an area of large and expanding investment for Azure, offering a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
In Azure Networking, you own features from the design phase through implementation to production. As part of this ownership, you are expected to help support your features by actively participating in an on-call rotation, which includes creating/updating SOPs, Troubleshooting Guides, monitoring systems, mitigating/restoring network incidents, and deep-dive analysis of root causes of outages.
A successful candidate will bring:
- Solid design and coding skills
- Systems programming experience
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms.
- Experience in concurrency, multithreading and synchronization.
- Interest or exposure to networking technologies/concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN) and OpenFlow.
- Knowledge of networking (including networking protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, ANYCAST, IS-IS) and distributed systems is a plus.
- 1+years professional Software Development experience withtin the Networking Space
- BS, MS, or PhD degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field or an additional 4 years experience in lieu of degree.
- This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI with full scope polygraph. This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Candidates must pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.