|Job Type:||Full Time|
The world is undergoing a transformation to Cloud Computing, and Microsoft is leading the way with an aggressive strategy to extend Azure to sovereign, disconnected, edge, enterprise, and hybrid scenarios with Azure Stack. Azure Stack is a unique hybrid cloud that runs on a variety of hardware configurations while maintaining the fidelity of the Azure development experience, thereby bringing the power of Azure to your datacenter. If you are inspired by the kind of innovation this strategy unleashes, have a passion for serious engineering, have the skills to build and support production grade services, and are looking for a dynamic and collaborative team environment, come talk to us!
Azure Stack is a key Microsoft initiative to bring the Azure computing platform to customers who cannot adopt one of the public Azure offerings. Since our customers will be deploying and managing their own datacenters, telemetry is Azure Stack’s only mechanism for gathering data from customer environments outside support escalations. Deep analysis of telemetry data is essential to prioritizing Azure Stack’s future product investments and supporting business decisions made by the Azure and Azure Stack leadership teams. This telemetry pipeline will need to consume minimal customer resources and be highly reliable, efficient and privacy-compliant. These factors make developing such a pipeline challenging and critical to the future of Azure Stack.
By joining our team, you get the opportunity to propose, design, create, ship and analyze new features in a fast evolving, v1 product that spans from Web services to Big Data Analytics. You get the flexibility to explore and use technologies to build applications and services and analyze large amount of data that are best-of-breed.
To be succesful in this role you will need to:
- Have strong critical thinking, problem solving, design, coding, data analysis and debugging skills.
- Enjoy building platforms
- Have a stong drive for execution and business improvement results
- Have experience delivering quality software for large scale projects.
- Have a growth mindset and relentlessly improving every day.
This is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career, and influence the next set of intelligent edge solutions for Microsoft and our customers.
- 3+ years of professional industry experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#, Python
- 3+ years of professional experience developing and owning production quality, scalable software services, and/or infrastructure management
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Solid CS fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded programming, strong inclination for architecting at scale
- Excellent technical design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Proven track record of data driven decision making, design and technical accomplishment
- Effective communicator and collaborator
- Working knowledge of Azure, Google Compute Platform or Amazon Web Services is a big plus
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
- Growth mindset with a desire to experiment, learn and adapt to challenging situations
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.