|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microssoft Azure Security is constantly evolving, and we need leaders who aspire to be at the forefront of it. Do you bring clarity, create energy, and enjoy driving results? Azure Security Engineering is seeking a talented software engineering manager who will help us deliver Secrets Management as a platform for Azure and third-party services. The mission is to keep sensitive data secure, transforming how customers manage, distribute and work with certificates, passwords, keys and other high-value service data. Our services are a critical part of the Azure platform, delivering the global and highly reliable capabilities that customers count on.
Azure Key Vault is a fundamental building block for services and customer applications where sensitive data must be kept secure. As a platform, Key Vault gives customers the means to easily and quickly protect data in the cloud, integrate with their apps & services and manage the lifecycle of their secrets. Backed by hardware-based cryptography, you know your data is safe, secure and accessible only by you.
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. In Microsoft’s Cloud + AI (C+AI) division, we help customers power their solutions using the Microsoft Cloud. The scale of platforms and services we are building are among the largest in the world by far. From core cloud computing platform development to the services running on them, we do it all.
Work on the core of Azure, building and securing the foundation of the cloud itself. Develop the full stack of Azure secrets management and Azure Key Vault. Build highly scalable, secure, and reliable web services & platforms running on Azure. Build intuitive and responsive developer experiences. Participate in the technical design and implementation and assure quality for feature & engineering work. Interact and collaborate with feature teams to deliver cohesive solutions for the Azure platform.
Collaborate with team members to deliver features and improve our engineering systems. Create and manage security services with an Assume Breach mindset enabling detection and response of targeted attacks and persistent adversaries. Build critical security foundations for the cloud to power the future of computing.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience shipping distributed systems, services and highly available infrastructure.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#
- Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have an active Top Secret Cearance and be willing to upgrade to Top Secret Clearance/SCI FSP (Full Scope Poly)
- or have an active Top Secret Clearance/SCI and be willing to upgrade to Top Secret Clearance/SCI (with full scope polygraph).
- This role will require candidates to maintain the Top Secret Clearance/SCI (with full scope polygraph) clearance.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.