|Job Type:||Full Time|
Smart devices are taking over homes, stores, offices, and introducing new potential attack vectors for hackers. Azure Sphere is here to secure IoT. The OS Lifecycle team is looking for software engineers with a drive for results and a thirst for knowledge. Our team focuses on enabling functionality such as device update and application lifecycle. Every day here we are learning new things and exploring new possibilities.
Come join us! Team members have unparalleled opportunity to rapidly learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about this exciting new project, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere
- Design, implement, and support new OS lifecycle functionality
- Build solutions to enable customers to reliably update their devices
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to grow junior members of the team.
- 3+ years of software design and development experience.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering, OR equivalent work experience.
- Experience developing software using an object oriented language (e.g. C/C++, java, etc.)
- Previous experience with device update or application lifecycle management
- Experience programming in C++11 (or higher)
- Experience developing on Linux
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.