|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come help build a platform for creating secure Internet of Things (IoT) devices! We are looking for a Principal Engineer to lead a team working on error reporting and diagnostics for IoT devices. Thousands of businesses are undergoing a digital transformation to connect MCU-based devices to the Internet. An important aspect of this is security. Our team is building an end-to-end secure platform for IoT devices. You would help deliver a product targeted at a multi-billion dollar unit market and improve the security of everyday devices.
You will help design and implement support for reporting, diagnosing, and analyzing error and unexpected behavior for the operating system and application on Azure Sphere. IoT presents interesting challenges because IoT devices have limited capabilities, there are constraints on network bandwidth and there are many devices. Your work may span the operating system, programming tools, analytics tools, and cloud-based data analysis and monitoring. You will lead a small team and get to be hands-on too.
You will be a member the Azure Sphere Operating System and Platform team. The team is responsible for extending and maintaining the Azure Sphere OS to deliver secure system services with excellent performance across a range of metrics, including power, speed, and memory usage. As a principal level engineer, you will help lead the effort to define and build the base platform used by Microsoft and its many partners to produce real-world IoT products.
Come join us! Team members have unparalleled opportunity to rapidly learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about this exciting project, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere.
- Lead design and implementation of OS support for error reporting and diagnostics.
- Lead design and implementation cloud-based data analysis and monitoring of error reports and diagnostics.
- Create innovative solutions for error reporting that meet the resource and scaling constraints of IoT.
- Lead a small team, including leading planning, prioritizing work, and designing features.
- Support, mentor, and help engineers grow.
- Advocate for and maintain a culture of high-quality software development.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, math, or a closely related field.
- 5+ years of experience developing system-level software (such as operating systems, runtime systems, hypervisors, or databases) or programming tools (such as debuggers or profilers).
- Experience developing software in C++, C#, or Java.
- Experience implementing cloud-based data analysis and monitoring.
- Experience implementing operating system support for error reporting or diagnostics.
- 2 or more years of experience leading a team of engineers.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.