|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Research provides a dynamic environment for research careers with a network of world-class research labs led by globally recognized scientists and engineers. Our researchers, Program managers and engineers pursue innovation in a range of scientific and technical disciplines to help solve complex challenges in diverse fields, including computing, healthcare, economics, and the environment.
Are you an experienced program manager who is willing to work in a small and friendly Program management team? We’re looking for a Program manager to conduct in-depth protocol reviews using advanced regulatory knowledge and experience.
Program Manager will be responsible for managing the peer-driven protocol review process and identifying issues for escalation to the Board Chair, and to independently determine whether the components of the proposed research are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations, Microsoft Research policies, and accreditation standards. Other duties include serving as an expert liaison between the research investigator and the reviewer, educating parties on relevant and emerging regulations and identifying related risk management issues
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+years of Program and/or Release Management experience
- 5+ years of experience working with/at an Institutional review board office/program
- Knowledge of research policies including institutional based standard operating procedures and guidelines for research compliance, including informed consent, deception/debriefing in research, participant observation, interviewing public personalities, external pressure to disclose data, data security standards for identifiable data in research, compensation and reimbursements, quality improvements versus research guidelines
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to use tact and discretion
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulations and ethical principles regarding human subjects in research
- Demonstrated understanding of research procedures terminology, social, behavioral and computer science-related research agenda terminology, and research data management
- In-depth understanding of operational requirements pertaining to management and implementation of protocol process
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in using Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of web-based research software programs such as, IRB Manager, Docushare and Systems, Applications & Products (SAP) and ability to learn, work with, and evaluate in-house software solutions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.