|Job Type:||Full Time|
Within Gaming, we develop industry leading game platforms and experiences. Project xCloud is our newest strategic gaming platform, streaming high end games to a variety of new customers and devices.
The xCloud team is looking for a software engineer with experience in game development across mobile and console platforms. This software engineer will work on enabling game developers to take advantage of the unique capabilities that streaming on Project xCloud provides to their games. You will work on designing and building APIs and tools for game developers, enabling them to build high quality streaming games. This role will also include working directly with game developers on enabling streaming aware features and experiences. #gamingjobs
- Collaboration, diversity, lean process, transparency and self-direction are valued here. Expect to be given room and support to grow personally and professionally.
- Experience with OS and system software architecture and internals, especially game platforms, is a plus.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development (coding in C/C++/C#, debugging, problem solving, etc.)
- Experience shipping AAA current generation games on console (or PC) and mobile
- Experience building video games, especially game modes/gameplay features and UI/UX
- Proven record of outstanding relationship management across internal and external teams
- Comfortable navigating a large, established code base
- Experience with developing, shipping and supporting developer facing APIs and debugging tools
- Experience building mobile applications
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software engineering, related field or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.