|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career at Brown-Forman is just like a good bottle of bourbon: unique and refined, with a bit of a kick. Making our products from barrel to bottle requires detailed planning along each step. Just like bourbon production, our employees work in many different aspects to create the best possible product. This way, our customers can enjoy the world-class brands we promise to deliver. Here’s the kicker - we, too, get to enjoy this process, just one of the sweet benefits of leading the market with the world’s favorite whiskey. Whether in the ground, in the store, or in the office, we hand pick all of our ingredients in order to be proud of what we achieve.Brown-Forman Cooperage is the one of the world's largest producers of whiskey barrels. A subsidiary of Brown-Forman, the cooperage makes white oak barrels for maturing some of our finest brands, including Jack Daniel's, Early Times, Old Forester, and Woodford Reserve.
The Maintenance Multi-craft Mechanic is responsible for the general maintenance and repair of all production equipment, systems and facilities. In addition, the maintenance employee may be involved in new equipment and machinery installation, equipment and facilities upgrades and redesigns and is involved in the recommendation and selection of new equipment and facilities changes.
Specialized Skills Required
- General mechanical aptitude and knowledge of the installation, maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment such as motors, pumps, conveying systems, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems
- Machine repair – disassembles machines, finds worn or broken parts, makes decisions as to what is wrong with machine, cleans machine, has bad parts repaired or orders new parts. Reassembles the machine. Tests the machine to make sure it is operable. Someone else must test on stock for actual machine operation. Works on machinery powered by hydraulic, electric, air, etc.
- Excellent welding skills
- Strong electrical abilities and knowledge of both single and three-phase electrical systems and the ability to diagnose basic electrical problems and replace motors and equipment
- Knowledge of PLC and facilities systems such as lighting, water and plumbing and the ability to maintain and repair these systems
- May work alone or with another person or persons, as directed by the project
- Must be able to find the trouble and through his/her own effort, carry through the project
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years previous experience in maintenance in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- A command of basic math skills including counting, adding, subtracting, etc.
- Ability to pass a drug screen, physical abilities test, and background check
- Ability to work weekends and daily overtime as needed
- Ability to work 2nd shift/3rd shift
Physical Requirements - Full body mobility and the ability to move about in a production environment to include:
- Bending, squatting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing and twisting on an occasional basis.
- Lifting and carrying from the ground to waist height and pushing, pulling and maneuvering up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and in a non-environmentally controlled workplace, working at varying heights and in the outdoors.
- Industrial maintenance degree or journeyman's electrical certification
- Experience in woodworking facility
- An ability to self-motivate
- Time management skills
- The work environment at the Cooperage is subject to dirt, saw dust, oil, grease, heat, fumes and noise of varying degrees. Possible exposure to weather for short periods of time is also possible. The plant is heated but can be cold in the winter and is hot in the summer.
- Hourly wage of $26.60 plus shift differential. This wage is 90% of full wage & advancement to 95% after 12 months, and 100% within 2 years.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 401K Savings Plan and much more…
Number of Openings Available:0