|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Posting Title: 2nd Shift MATERIAL HANDLER I Job Code: 30004096 Segment: INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS (50127625) Business Unit: MEDICAL (50126885) Building: TACPRO LLC (CM5) Band/Level: 6 Hiring Manager: Eva Marie Wiechmann Miller Recruiter: Kate Marie Dircks Relocation: No Travel: None Employee Referral Amount: $1.000,00 Education Experience: High School or Equivalent Employment Experience: Less than 1 year At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
- Cycle Counts of Inventory and Raw Materials Inventory Accuracy
- Kitting material for shop orders and dispensing to the manufacturing floor
- Run daily and weekly reports
- Handle and transport fragile items from shelf to shelf and ensure every item is placed in the assigned location
- Receive incoming material in stores locations and SAP (ERP) warehouse management system
- Personally responsible for the accurate transactions of materials in the ERP system.
- Replenishment of stores locations daily, operating a manual floor lift truck to move pallets
- Pull finished goods items for shipping, provide back-up support for each other and for assigned areas
- Investigate variances and report material discrepancies.
- Respond to telephone calls, visitors and emails in a prompt, clear, and courteous manner
Please Note: Weekly Hours are Monday - Friday, 2:30pm - 11:30pm
TE Connectivity's Material Handler Teams perform the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. They unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintain records of received goods and reject unsatisfactory items. They lift heavy items and may operate a forklift. Material Handlers prepare and maintain records of shipments, post weights and shipping charges and prepare goods for final shipment. They examine, stock and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines and may prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
- Pick product from Inventory to prepare Kits for Manufacturing
- Delivery of Kits to Manufacturing Work Centers
- Tracking of Jobs in Manufacturing to ensure jobs are moving onto the next steps and schedule management systems in Operations are updated/communicated.
- Work directly within the scheduling activity to assist in tracking projects through Warehouse, Manufacturing, Quality and Shipping / Receiving teams.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring staged work is adequate for Manufacturing Work Centers and organizes work in the correct order per scheduling system.
- Communicates directly with Manufacturing leadership to problem solve and/or expedite materials in support of schedule changes.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Minimum of a high school education or equivalent experience, and at least 2 years of experience in Material Handling.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Qualified candidates will have experience using SAP or a similar ERP system
- Familiarity with inventory stocking and computer systems is preferred.
- Physical Demands – Regularly required standing & walking; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work overtime as business demands require.