|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This position is in the Intellectual Property Law group and is responsible for assisting IP attorneys with domestic and international patent filings. Candidate must be diligent, organized, reliable/committed, highly motivated and proactive, a pleasant individual with meticulous attention to detail and a professional personality.
- Provide accurate due date and information management of in-coming correspondence from patent offices, including the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), European Patent Office (EPO), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and various foreign patent offices.
- Desirable to have experience in formatting, proofreading and assembling formal documents for U.S. filings and convention/foreign filings through paper and electronic submissions, both directly and through agents
- Prepare formal papers for required correspondence and/or responses to pending actions (e.g. IDS, Amendments, RCEs, Continuations, Issue Fees). Prepare and maintain client-specific patent status charts reflecting progress and pending prosecution.
- Significant work with and ideally administering Database/Software Systems, preferably CPA Memotech, CPi or similar system, used in an IP law department
- Other office/administrative skills, including agility in Microsoft Office, Concur travel/expense reporting, and general other administrative support
- Desirable to be notary
- 3+ years experience in patent docketing, patent prosecution support for filing and administration of US and international patent/IP portfolios in either private law firms or in-house corporate law departments;
- Two to four-year degree and/or paralegal certificate required;
- Technology savvy with an ability to actively learn and utilize software applications. In particular:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Experience with IP Management (CPA Memotech, CPI, etc.) and eBilling/Matter Management applications preferred
- Experience with patent office databases, such as USPTO and Espacenet databases
- Advanced internet research skills a plus.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to handle tasks efficiently and independently, with limited supervision;
- Able to multi-task and respond to changing priorities;
- Able to work in a small-team collaborative work environment, be willing to assist/support others, think creatively and take initiative.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.