|Location:||Fairview, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Responsible for the daily setup and maintenance of production equipment and processes. This equipment includes resistance welders, solder equipment, and tools and fixtures related to the assembly of electromechanical relays. Must have a good understanding of resistance welding as well as a good dexterity and mechanical inclination. The setup technician must also be able to troubleshoot issues and drive to a root cause. Must be flexible and adaptive to a changing work environment and be able to pivot to the highest priority. The employee filling this position must be a self-starter that requires minimal supervision. Good time management and prioritization skills are highly desirable. The setup technician is part of a team and will require good teamwork and communication skills.
- Read setup instructions and setup equipment so that it can be used by production employees. After a setup the equipment should require minimal adjustment to maintain production throughput.
- Suggest innovative improvements to tools and fixtures. Consult with drafting and design on any tool or fixture improvement that may be necessary.
- Help to investigate any production issues and aide in determining the root cause as well as aide in the implementation of a robust corrective action.
- Communicates needs to management so that the proper support can be given.
- Highschool Diploma Required
- Two-Year Technical Degree in mechanical discipline preferred
- At least 3 years in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated success
- Sense of urgency combined with strong attention to detail as well as the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and react quickly to changing priorities, Flexibility and willingness to change as business conditions require is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication / interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers, suppliers and customers.
- Direct experience with lean manufacturing and six sigma principles and tools strongly preferred, Demonstrated drive and willingness to achieve continuous improvement in processes and systems
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience is a plus
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.