|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Hyper-V team is looking for talented software engineers to develop Microsoft's versatile, performance critical, and secure virtualization platform. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who can learn quickly, have a passion for writing high quality software, and enjoy working within a dynamic team.
Join the Hyper-V team and help build Microsoft’s intelligent cloud. Hyper-V technology enables much more than traditional virtual machines; it powers Microsoft’s containers, millions of servers in the Azure cloud, and is a core part of security enforcements in the Windows operating system across a wide ecosystem of devices. Collaborate with developers across Microsoft, hardware partners, and the open source community to deliver innovative technology in the virtualization space. Be a part of the Hyper-V team and build features that differentiate our platform and delight our customers.
We're looking for passionate, innovative, and versatile engineers.
We ship an extremely high quality platform that delights our customers, release after release. But more importantly, we've created a collaborative culture where new ideas are embraced and encouraged. Our goal is to create an engaging environment where you can do your best work.
- Collaborate with a dynamic team of engineers
- Learn and share ideas continuously
- Drive for quality in everything you do
- Collaborate across team boundaries to define and drive team charter and vision.
- Provide technical input across the Windows Core and Azure team.
- Design and implement new virtualization related features for Hyper-V and Windows
- 7+ years of development experience
- 4+ years of development experience in C, C++, Go, or Rust
- BS in Computer Science or 4+ years of experience in systems programming
- Solid architectural skills backed up by implementation experience
- Strong coding, debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work on a large codebase and willing to take on a wide variety of challenges
- Strong understanding of systems software and low-level hardware/software interaction
- A track record of solid results across multiple ship cycles
- Experience with hypervisors, kernel mode programming, containers, and/or security
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.