|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is looking for a Senior SW/FW Program Manager to be a part the fast pace and exciting business of Azure. Our CHIE Cloud Hardware Experience Engineering Team is looking for a strong, experienced, energetic and hands on Program Manager to drive Software and Firmware development for our CHIE Org. This is your chance to be part of the most exciting end to end teams within Microsoft. Up for the challenge?
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior SW Program Manager with a track record in driving Software/Firmware initiative and strategy for an organization. We are looking for a technical PM to come helping us define and develop firmware requirements for our innovative hardware solutions that powers Azure. We need an experience PM who can be the liaison to our external partners (Silicon Vendors, ODM, OEM, etc.), to drive Microsoft Azure requirement to our partners and can coordinate development efforts with different Azure Engineering teams. Besides of driving firmware requirements and development, we need someone who can help creating a long-term roadmap for Azure CHIE firmware. In addition, he/she will be responsible for bringing in systematic SW/FW development practice to the team.
As a seasoned program manager, you must have a strong desire, passion, and ability to understand customer needs and a willingness to develop holistic approaches to product solutions that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. You should also have good understanding of hardware, firmware, telemetry, algorithms, SW quality, and an unyielding passion for creating products that customer’s fall in love with. You should have great communication skill to drive programs with multiple teams located in different locations, e.g. Taipei/Taiwan, Redmond/US, etc.
This ideal candidate should have the following skills and experiences:
- 7+ years of experience as a technical Program Manager or in a technical role with systems experience
- 3+ years of experience working in the firmware development
- Knowledge of building low-level SW to run on HW e.g. Firmware, BIOS, BMC, BSP… etc.
- Experience in management of complex cross-group, cross-business, cross-disciplinary projects
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, prioritize multiple strategic and tactical options, and drive issues to closure with a high bar on quality
- Technical savvy. Know how to solve the hard problems, and demonstrate ability to work independently
- Proven ability to synthesize and communicate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Exceptional organization and project management skills, e.g. experience with agile project management methodology, TFS, DevOps, JIRA or similar
- Excellent communication skill and interpersonal skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Project experience working across hardware and low-level (driver, firmware, kernel mode) software teams
- Experience with Firmware development/testing strategy and firmware requirement creation
- Data center HW/SW project experience from inception to go live
- Master’s degree in Electrical engineering/Computer Engineering/CS or equivalent experience
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) team in Microsoft’s Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft’s online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.