|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be at the heart of cloud computing? Azure Compute is the core of our cloud platform and is growing incredibly fast. We build fault tolerant distributed systems on top of commodity datacenter hardware, to deliver an infrastructure for hosting customer applications. The platform provides millions of virtual machines for customers to run their workload in the cloud. We are a globally available foundational service that hosts other high scale services like Bing/Skype/SQL as well hosting millions of multiplayer gaming sessions and allow solving large computational problems in seconds.
We have numerous exciting opportunities across different areas to grow the capabilities and scale of our platform by orders of magnitude. The engineers have opportunity to do deep distributed systems development while also being able to influence scenarios and work with customers. We work at a fast pace with a focus on shipping early and iterating. Our team fosters collaborative environment and builds upon one-another's ideas, to deliver world-class customer value at a rapid pace. We empower engineers to deliver creative solutions through bottoms-up innovation. This is a fun environment and a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft and extremely relevant in the industry.
We are looking for strong developers who have a penchant to learn and utilize their broad skill sets to produce great customer impact. If you love solving challenging problems, writing high quality code, worry about all the edge cases, we want to talk to you. If you have experience designing and implementing large scale distributed, highly available services, that would be a huge plus.
Join the Azure Compute team and contribute to the backbone of Microsoft Cloud. Help us innovate and grow the cloud further!
Operate and improve the infrastructure management services that are the foundation for much of Azure.
Participate in team On-Call rotation for service engineering ad-hoc support of the services in private clouds.
A successful candidate will have:
- 1+ years of software development experience using C#, Java, C++, or C
- 1+ years hands on experience with remote servers and services
- Passion for high-availability, automation, and performance
- Experience with multi-tiered service relationships (eg: web server, database server, transaction server)
- Proven ability troubleshooting complex technical issues for running online services in remote datacenters
- Strong knowledge of switching and routing hardware and protocols
- Ability to self-track multiple projects through completion and deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to come up-to-speed quickly on technical systems
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player; solid written and oral communication skills
- Specializations like SQL, PKI or Zookeeper are a bonus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.