|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a part of the Cloud + Enterprise, Commerce Engineering Operations enables Microsoft to run its Commercial and Consumer businesses - accountable for ensuring 90% of the company's total revenue is processed timely and compliantly as well as evolving our services to meet the ever changing business needs in market. We enable Microsoft to run on Trust!
We are not your traditional compliance team – we are driven, passionate, and bring a Livesite mentality to how we Prevent, Detect and Remediate risk across Financial, Regulatory, Trade, Privacy, and Anti-Corruption domain risk areas. As we continue to mature, we are constantly evaluating engineering automation, analytics and the use of cognitive services to transform our ability to scale our services. We are looking for a passionate, talented and inspiring people leader to improve upon the foundation we’ve established.
This role is in the engineering profession within the program management discipline.
As the Senior Program Manager, your job will be to own and drive compliance at launch across all Modern Commerce & Ecosystems Launches ensuring that SOX compliance, management excellence and regulatory standards are met prior to launch. The ideal candidate should have experience designing and implementing various financial, operational and IT controls across complex platforms across various engineering teams. You will have experience with external audit procedures and able to provide guidance to engineering on how to design and implement effective compliance controls. This role requires great collaboration skills and the ability to go deep, drive clarity across teams and demonstrate the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and comfort with ambiguity. In addition, this position requires:
- An individual competent in independently assessing inherent and residual risk across our Modern Commerce Launches and working with engineering team to triage and prioritize critical risks
- An ability to influence finance and engineering teams with control design and implementation
- An ability to influence senior leadership across various organizations including engineering, operations finance, operations, and finance.
- An individual comfortable with risk and issue assessment and management, time and capacity management, and executive and stakeholder communications are also required responsibilities.
- An individual comfortable with collaborating and coordinating across multiple organizations including external and internal audit, driving clarity and ensuring open channels of communication between all of them, managing the engagement of across teams and leading the overall compliance program initiatives.
- An ideal candidate would have experience evaluating controls within a complex systems architecture involving multiple layers (e.g., database, application, subscriptions), and at least basic knowledge of accounting and financial statement risks which will be critical for control design, implementation and validation.
Provide solid leadership across business-critical capabilities including:
- Effectively direct and manage the Commerce Compliance process for Modern Commerce launches
- Implement business, operations and IT controls and quality metrics across our Commerce Services
- Define control objectives and articulate "what good looks like" across both IT and business process controls.
- Understand the various dependencies and relationships across C + AI and Commercial ecosystems and communicate risks/issues appropriately and timely with partners and stakeholders
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and proactively challenge existing processes and workflows - suggest and support implementation of necessary changes in order to improve influence/business impact
- Uses, analyzes and leverages existing data to make / take informed decisions, improve existing processes / systems and simplifies and create strong plans with minimum risk
- Direct and collaborate with Control Owners to ensure that controls are being performed and evidenced in a timely manner and meet all FCG, SOX and Government compliance program(s) deadlines
- Support Control Owners throughout ongoing Internal and External SOX and Operational audits, including development of remediation plans of any deficiencies or gaps identified
- Collaborates with stakeholders and partners to proactively collect feedback to drive positive changes in operational compliance processes
- Establishes a solid relationship and becomes a trusted advisor that provides timely status to key internal/external stakeholders and partners
- Understands business objectives and plans accordingly. Critically reviews multiple plans and adjusts as needed. Proactively communicates and addresses necessary priority or capacity trade-offs.
- Responsible for timely risk assessment of all Modern Commerce Launches to identify, define and implement control requirements in order to ensure 100% compliance at launch.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of relevant business experience within Finance, Operations, Engineering, Compliance or relevant roles.
- 10+ years of work experience as a program manager envisioning, designing and delivering applications, processes and solutions.
- MBA preferred.
- Ambitious, self motivated, proactive and results-oriented.
- Exceptional leadership acumen, with natural drive and initiative to lead by example.
- Excellent communication skills at all organization levels.
- Strong analytical and organization skills.
- Effective executive maturity, integrity and judgment.
- Substantial Conflict/Negotiation management.
- Solid ability to impact and influence at a GM level
- COSO - Risk Management Framework experience
- Financial controls and or audit experience
- IT General and Interface Controls experience (including Change Management)
- Sound understanding of engineering processes, development life cycles and technical patterns - Improving
- A proven track record of successful results-oriented, solution and project definition and delivery
- Solid end to end thinking with process orientation; ability to develop enterprise-wide solutions
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems
- Substantial emphasis on technical program management
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems
- Deep passion for satisfying customer needs and achieving high user and business partner satisfaction, influencing decisions for the right solutions and balancing priorities across customer, business and technical needs
- Successful experience leading design and implementation of new business processes and controls across multiple teams and complex integrated ecosystems and dependencies, comprising an end-to-end solution
- Successful experience defining scenarios and requirements, and design solutions in a streamlined, agile fashion incorporating quality in use principles.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.