|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Analytics Specialist – Power Platform & Dynamics 365 Insights and Analytics
Business Applications is one of the four key growth areas for Microsoft and our cloud business over the coming years. As a foundational pillar of the company, the Business Application Group is building the next generation of business applications and platforms that will help businesses large and small succeed in achieving their digital transformation agenda. The products we are responsible for include Dynamics 365, Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate), Mixed Reality for business and other SaaS applications and workloads.
We are seeking a dynamic individual contributor for our Reporting and Analytics function as part of our Insights and Analytics team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing reports, dashboards, tabular models and analytical insights to drive business success. We are looking for someone who
- Enjoys discovering and solving problems; proactively seeks clarification of requirements and direction; are a self-starter who takes responsibility when required.
- Has strong interpersonal, verbal, visual and presentation skills, and ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner to executives.
- Has ability to work collaboratively across multiple business and engineering teams.
- Has a willingness to learn, share, and improve.
- Create reports and dashboards from various sources
- Design and build large scale end to end BI solutions including tabular models
- Analyze data using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
- Present findings and recommendations to key decision makers at various management levels
- Build strong partnerships with stakeholders and manage BI and reporting projects
- Articulate project goals and scope, translate business needs into technical terms, set milestones and prepare detailed work breakdown structures
- Document and share best practices for BI and reporting end to end processes
- Help improve Microsoft products through feedback and use of internal BI technologies
- Masters, PHD or MBA
- Degree in Engineering, Analytics, Information Technology, Management Science, Data Science or related field
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Strong proficiency in SQL, Power BI/DAX and experience building tabular models
- Strong understanding of database management principles and relationship modeling
- Experience with big data telemetry systems
- Project management experience
- Knowledge in applied statistics and mathematics
- Experience with programming languages such as R and Python.
You will join a team with a friendly, collaborative, and learning culture.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.